Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

joglidden2
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power BI Issue: Cannot change "Key column"

Has anyone else had this issue? My report wont refresh because 

"Column 'BR_Site' in [Table] contains blank values and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table..."

And yet here, I have changed the "Key column" to the correct and proper PK. It still will not refresh without the same error! Where do I change the PK for the Table?

joglidden2_0-1678324336031.png

Is this just a bug in the latest version of Desktop? Has anyone else seen this issue? If I delete and re-import the table, then I'll lose all my measures & columns. 

3 REPLIES 3
joglidden2
Post Patron
Post Patron

Ok, still not working. Something in PBI Desktop is "sticking" on an old relationship, even though it's been deleted. Data will not refresh. "Column 'ID' in Table 'SITE_BR_view' contains blank values and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table. (ID (2501))." But this relationship is long gone. I hate to have to rebuild this entire report because of this bug. 

Ok, latest hack: went in to Transform Data, DELETED the [ID] column that was causing this "ghost" relationship, and that allowed me to refresh the data and republish the report. Not only should I not have to do this, but I have little confidence that this will persist or permanantly solve the issue. 

joglidden2
Post Patron
Post Patron

Yep, latest version of PBI appears to have a bug. I deleted the table, reinserted it, repasted all my measures and columns, and it refreshed normally. Someone should get on this. Designating, or redesignating a table/view PK does not appear to work consistently for direct import. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.