Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jamescosten
Helper I
Helper I

Percentage of Data that is a Certain Value

I have a Measure that isnt quite working how I would like.

Pass Rate = VAR _ALL = COUNTROWS('Quality Daily Compliance') VAR _Pass = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Quality Daily Compliance'),'Quality Daily Compliance'[Overall Pass /] = "Pass") VAR _Result = DIVIDE(_Pass,_ALL) RETURN _Result

jamescosten_0-1715175432245.png

The data is a text based column with either Pass or Fail as entries. You can see the values definately are not 100%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
halfglassdarkly
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hmm, check that it isn't being affected by a filter or slicer that is limiting the context of the measure to 'Quality Daily Compliance'[Overall Pass /] = "Pass"

Check if it is still showing 100% if you display that measure in a table visual instead of a card.

Then I'd try testing the result you get if you Return  _ALL and _Pass seperately. Are they returning the values you expect (I.e. do they match the results of the other cards for checks completed and checks passed?)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
halfglassdarkly
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hmm, check that it isn't being affected by a filter or slicer that is limiting the context of the measure to 'Quality Daily Compliance'[Overall Pass /] = "Pass"

Check if it is still showing 100% if you display that measure in a table visual instead of a card.

Then I'd try testing the result you get if you Return  _ALL and _Pass seperately. Are they returning the values you expect (I.e. do they match the results of the other cards for checks completed and checks passed?)

thank you, I dont know why i didnt think of this. I had a filter on.

Heh, great 🙂

jamescosten
Helper I
Helper I

It is the latter:

jamescosten_1-1715177191113.png

It is also as a percentage but the math is just returning 100%. So I can assume the Measure is wrong somehow.

jamescosten_0-1715177175583.png

halfglassdarkly
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Is the measure formatted as a percentage or did you select Show Value As > Percentage of Grand Total at the visual level?

If the latter, revert it back to Show Value As > No Calculation and then just format the measure as a percentage instead to convert your decimal value to a percentage.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.