Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Page view controls

Is there a way to keep hidden drillthrough or bookmark pages open even when the users navigates to another page and only have that page close when the user clicks some kind of a close button for the page? Is this even possible?

Essentially I have a few reports that have a lot of pages. Just wanted to keep things organized and less confusing for the end user. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pborah 

you can use the url approach to navigate between pages of the report . 

this will open a new window, while keeping your current window open . 

keep in mind that you can also pass filters to url. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

let me know if that works for you.

If my answer helped sort things out for you, i would appreciate a thumbs up 👍 and mark it as the solution
It makes a difference and might help someone else too. Thanks for spreading the good vibes! 🙏

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

@pborah 

im not sure i totally understand what you are looking for.

you can hide pages . 

create a menu button, and link it to a bookmark that shows the list of pages . 

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Daniel29195 I think you're describing what I'm looking for. Basically I want to keep all except the summary page hidden but only accessible by a menu. However when a user opens a certain page, then navigates to another of the hidden pages, I still want the previous page to stay open unless the user closes that page themselves. Does that make sense?

@pborah 

you can use the url approach to navigate between pages of the report . 

this will open a new window, while keeping your current window open . 

keep in mind that you can also pass filters to url. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

let me know if that works for you.

If my answer helped sort things out for you, i would appreciate a thumbs up 👍 and mark it as the solution
It makes a difference and might help someone else too. Thanks for spreading the good vibes! 🙏

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.