Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

umairarshad
Frequent Visitor

Onedrive for Business connect

Hello,

I have my organization account of Onedrive for Business. I have a folder on ondrive. This folder contains some excel files.

My colleagues (from different cities) have the access of these files remotely and they put their shift report/progress in these files on daily bases.

I want to combine these files for power querry opertion in pbi but unfortunately I could not connect this folder in pbi.

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @umairarshad ,

1. Firstly, log in to the OneDrive page and copy this URL in the URL bar of your browser, just copy the underlined part.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1715916060039.png

2. Then in PowerBI Desktop, click Get Data > Blank Query.

vkaiyuemsft_1-1715916070892.png

3. Go to the PowerQuery editor and enter in the edit field based on your own OneDrive root URL:

= SharePoint.Contents(
"Root URL",
[ApiVersion="AUTO"]
)

4. Because the connection here is the root directory, so OneDrive on a variety of data will be displayed, and we need only a folder inside, here just filter the Name column in the "Documents", and click on the first column of the right side of the Content to expand the button:

vkaiyuemsft_2-1715916101636.png

5. Repeat the above steps, only to filter the line, and then expand until the final folder to find the desired folder, after the expansion, you can see the folder in the Excel workbook.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
umairarshad
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply. 

What to do at step 3? apply and close?

one drive 2.jpg

I did apply and close and got following

umairarshad_1-1715923067975.png

Please tell how to proceed at step 3?

Hi @umairarshad ,

Something like this will do. Sorry, I accidentally wrote "," instead of "." in my previous reply , and I've made the correction.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1715923748915.png

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @umairarshad ,

1. Firstly, log in to the OneDrive page and copy this URL in the URL bar of your browser, just copy the underlined part.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1715916060039.png

2. Then in PowerBI Desktop, click Get Data > Blank Query.

vkaiyuemsft_1-1715916070892.png

3. Go to the PowerQuery editor and enter in the edit field based on your own OneDrive root URL:

= SharePoint.Contents(
"Root URL",
[ApiVersion="AUTO"]
)

4. Because the connection here is the root directory, so OneDrive on a variety of data will be displayed, and we need only a folder inside, here just filter the Name column in the "Documents", and click on the first column of the right side of the Content to expand the button:

vkaiyuemsft_2-1715916101636.png

5. Repeat the above steps, only to filter the line, and then expand until the final folder to find the desired folder, after the expansion, you can see the folder in the Excel workbook.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

Thanks a lot buddy. Problem solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.