Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

metoo
Helper I
Helper I

No connection button for scorecard - why?

Hi there all, 

I've previously set up a scorecard and successfully connected to power bi reports with no problems. I am now adding a new measure to the scorecard. I navigate to the value I want to use in power bi but there is no connect button being shown once I select it. ie the button shown below. (it is a fairly long list or reports, but no scroll bars or anything shown in my actual report). Any ideas why? 

Error.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @metoo 

This does sound like a bug, maybe you can consider creating a support ticket to get real-time help.

These links can help:

How to create a Fabric and Power BI Support ticket - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Power Platform admin center (microsoft.com)

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

metoo
Helper I
Helper I

With a quick response from the power bi team, this bug has now been fixed 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
metoo
Helper I
Helper I

With a quick response from the power bi team, this bug has now been fixed 🙂 

v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @metoo 

Please check User Permissions: Ensure you have the necessary permissions to edit the scorecard and connect data. According to Power BI documentation, you need to have build access to a scorecard to build content with the data associated with the scorecard.

Ensure the data source and connection method you're using are supported for linking to scorecards. For detailed steps on how to connect data to your scorecard, you might find this guide helpful:

Create linked metrics in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If this can't help, could you please provide more information to help further diagnose the problem:

Are you able to see the connect button for other reports or measures within the same scorecard?
Is there any specific error message displayed when attempting to connect?
Your answers to these questions will help in providing more targeted assistance. Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for that Zhengdong, but I think it's a bug. If you have a really long list or reports, you can't scroll down (no scroll bar), when you use the mouse to move down to find the data to connect too - connect is hidden. You can find it again by hiding the list of reports, but it is clunky as. 

Hi @metoo 

This does sound like a bug, maybe you can consider creating a support ticket to get real-time help.

These links can help:

How to create a Fabric and Power BI Support ticket - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Power Platform admin center (microsoft.com)

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.