Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ddk
Advocate II
Advocate II

New Card Visual bug: not showing same data (measures...) added multiple times?

Hi all,

It seems like when adding the same field (eg a measure) to the New Card Visual (in fact, not so new anymore...), it does not get shown more than once.

Eg: new card visual with measures A and B, adding A again does not result in showing A, B and A, but only A and B.

It does show in the multi-row card.

Anyone else experiencing this? Seems like a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-yiruan-msft and @ChiragGarg2512 ,

I want to have something like this:

# customers# invited% invited
# customers# buying% buying

The workaround you both suggested came to my mind as well, and will work.

But the need to create yet another measure (=clutter!) was what bothered me. Especially when you expect the New Card Visual to work like the Multi-row Card visual (both Card-type visuals).

It might not be a "bug" (what's in a name), but I don't see why it couldn't work in a similar way.

My main point was signaling the latter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChiragGarg2512
Super User
Super User

Checked, and this is happening with the new card visual but would not qualify as a bug.

It does not work as I expect it to work.

And it does not work as a similar visual (Multi-row Card).

What is missing so that this would qualify as a bug 🙂 ?

@ChiragGarg2512 Thanks for your contribution on this thread.

Hi @ddk ,

I tested it down to the same result as you. May I ask you why you put the same measure twice on the card? If you do need to, it is recommended that you create another new measure using the same formula and then place this new measure on the new card.

Best Regards 

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft and @ChiragGarg2512 ,

I want to have something like this:

# customers# invited% invited
# customers# buying% buying

The workaround you both suggested came to my mind as well, and will work.

But the need to create yet another measure (=clutter!) was what bothered me. Especially when you expect the New Card Visual to work like the Multi-row Card visual (both Card-type visuals).

It might not be a "bug" (what's in a name), but I don't see why it couldn't work in a similar way.

My main point was signaling the latter.

A Bug means that it is not functioning as it was programmed to. Currently, it doesn't have a feature that a different visual in the same category possesses. 

What can be done as a workaround is to create another measure with the same formula but a different name. After putting the measure in the visual rename it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.