Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hexekutive
Advocate II
Advocate II

Missing Data with Direct Query when selecting Make Changes to This Model

Dear community,

Something incredibly strange is happening to me. I have built a datamart in Power BI Service, with the below model:

Hexekutive_0-1705063908626.png

Then, I created a Power BI Desktop file, reading the Datamart with DirectQuery, which brings the whole available information there (1million rows):

Hexekutive_1-1705063997055.png

However, when selecting the option "Make changes to this model" to combine with other data points and use the Fields Parameter option as well, I lost considerable amounts of data (only seeing now 98K rows):

Hexekutive_2-1705064100585.png

This happens in other tables too with less amount of rows, for example going from 19K to only 9K.

This is driving me crazy, could you please tell me how can I fix this issue? 

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Hexekutive
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello, @v-xinruzhu-msft.

Many thanks for your answer. The screenshots are actually from a file I started from scratch, to minimize the source of the error, so there's no field parameter there, nor slicers.  

The timezone is also not related to the issue, so it must be something else.

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hexekutive 

1.Based on your description, you used the field paramater, the data may be filtered by the field paramater, you can try to remove the field paramater and then check the count.

2.Please check that if you have used some slicers, if you select the slicers, the data will be filtered, it will also change the count.

3.it may also affected by the timezone with different timezone, you can refer to the following link.

powerbi - Power BI missing rows from direct query with SQL - Stack Overflow

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.