Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FredrikJ
Helper II
Helper II

Live export to Excel getting unwanted columns with format definitions and sort columns

Hi!

I have a problem when using export to Excel with live connections from a Power BI visual or creating a table from Excel connected to a Semantic Model. I get the columns I choose and I also get columns with the format definitionen for every measure I have chosen and every sortcolumn for the dimension columns I have chosen.

I pick one dimension column (Contry) and one Measure (Sales Net)

FredrikJ_0-1709915124716.png

When the table is created I got 2 extra columns, one sort column for "Country" and the formatstring for Sales Net

FredrikJ_1-1709915267718.png

Is it possible to create the tabel without getting this extra columns?

Regards

Fredrik

5 REPLIES 5
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @FredrikJ 
Yes, hide these columns from the model view.

Ritaf1983_0-1709957794576.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi!

They are already hidden in the model view.

Regards 

Fredrik

@FredrikJ 
How do you make a connection?
I tested it in my machine and the hidden column didn't appear.

Ritaf1983_0-1709995675760.pngRitaf1983_1-1709995769423.png

if the problem is with export visual , then just choose "current layout" instead of "summarized data"

Ritaf1983_2-1709996090418.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi!

Yes it works fine in Piovot Tables but we want to have a live connected tabel, no Pivot table.

Regards

Fredrik

@FredrikJ 
Then it works like "summarized data" so there is no option to hide the "
sort columns"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.