Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

IvanS
Helper V
Helper V

Issue with sorting by another column

Hi guys,

I am struggling to enable sorting or column Category by column Category_Order. I did such sorting numerous times before without any issue but this time I cannot proceed.

As you can see, each category have its unique Category_Order number. The column Category_Order is formatted as whole number.

IvanS_0-1713991645569.png

IvanS_1-1713991678501.png

What I am doing wrong this time?

Thank you for any help

IvanS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @HotChilli ,  the issue got resolved after closing and reopening Power BI Desktop file. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

There's something a little odd about the Category_order column.  Numbers are right-justified in data view and they usually have a slightly different font applied.

Is this some strange setting I don't know about or has something gone wonky with the column/datatype?

Hi @HotChilli ,  the issue got resolved after closing and reopening Power BI Desktop file. 

really? i vae the same issue and haven't been able to fix it. i had also done that sorting previously and now i get the same error message you did. but reopening the file doesn't fix it

Hi @jcesguerra ,

can you paste anonymized data here for review?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.