Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PS0304
Frequent Visitor

How to reset calculated measure at the beginning of fiscal (April month)

Hi PowerBI Community,

I have dataset that contains Fiscal_Year, Month, Year, Sale, Sale_In_Each_Month and Desired_Result columns. It's a dummy sales data with cumulative sales in column D (Sale). The fiscal year starts from April until March next year. I am calculating sales in each month (column E) using the following formula:

PS0304_0-1709731221738.png

Calculation1 = SUM('Table'[Sale])

Calculation 2 = CALCULATE([Calculation 1],DATEADD('Calendaer'[Date],-1,MONTH))

Calculation 3 = [Calculation 1] - [Calculation 2]

Sales in each month will be cumulative sale of that month subtracted by the cumulative sale of last month. For example, Sale in each month for May would be = Cumulative Sale in May - Cumulative Sale in April.

Above calculations are working as expected but I need to exclude April month from this calculation because fiscal starts from April and it should show the cumulative sale rather than substraction. For April, the sale in each month should be according to desired column.

The calculations are not resetting when the fiscal starts (April). Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PS0304 , Change calculation three as

Calculation 3 =

If(month(max('Calendaer'[Date])) =4, [Calculation 1] - [Calculation 2], [Calculation 1])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PS0304 , Change calculation three as

Calculation 3 =

If(month(max('Calendaer'[Date])) =4, [Calculation 1] - [Calculation 2], [Calculation 1])

Thank you so much @amitchandak .

I just changed the calculation to 

Calculation 3 =

If(month(max('Calendaer'[Date])) =4, [Calculation 1], [Calculation 1] - [Calculation 2])

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.