Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

praveenk
Frequent Visitor

How to pass parameter value dynamically to sql server store procedure

Hello Everyone,

Is there any possible way like, pass parameter value dynamically to my direct query (SP) and data has to be refershed to based on the given i/p parameter. With the current setup, I had to edit the parameter values every time on the pbi desktop to fetch the data from the source. Want to avoid this manual step and looking to provide a kind of dynamic functionality where users can pick a date from the slicer and those selected values had to pass on to the source for the latest data. Few of them in this group might face this issue and figure out a solution, appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks,

Praveen

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@praveenk , Dynamic M parameters can help. But not sure if that is supported on SQL Server SP

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-dynamic-m-query-parameters

@amitchandak -  Sorry for getting back to you late. I've been trying to run a direct query, but I keep getting an error. I checked out some posts in the community, but I still can't figure out the right syntax.

Syntax: EXEC [dbo].[SP NAME] @StartDate = '04/15/2023', @EndDate = '04/16/2023',

EXECUTE [dbo].[SP NAME] @StartDate = '04/15/2023', @EndDate = '04/16/2023'

praveenk_0-1683647636655.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.