Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to have Clear selections button in slicer visualisation?

Hello guys,

I would like to have Clear Selections button on my Slicer visualisations. In my model I have this option in visualisation Slicer with Date format (bottom picture), but in visualisation with Text format data type it looks I can't find it (top picture.

Do u know how to activate Clear Selection button on all Slicer visualisations which I need?

Thank you

Clear Selections.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You have that button on all slicer, by default.

Do what a clear all slicer button

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Clear-All-Slicers-by-one-button-in-power-bi-desktop/td-p/494518

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LazyUser
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 

Even I was struggling with the same problem and I have found that the 'Clear seletion' button do not appear if the slicer has selection setting toggled as 'Single Selection'

LazyUser_0-1700513502603.png

toggle this setting off and the 'Clear selection' button will automatically starts reflecting on upper right corner of your slicer. try this and let me know if this works for you. 

LazyUser_1-1700513702440.png

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This button appears whenever you opt to show your slicer header (not the title only). So it is embedded within the header and so useful. 

Maximus_0-1659498858166.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You have that button on all slicer, by default.

Do what a clear all slicer button

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Clear-All-Slicers-by-one-button-in-power-bi-desktop/td-p/494518

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @amitchandak ,

thank you for your fast reply. The solution which you sent is for create bookmark (I understand it like button) to clear filter in Slicers and it's working. But I would like to have this button which should be defaulted in Slicer.

I have this "Clear selections" button in Slicer with Date format,but in Slicer with text format I don't have it.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. See last picture without this button. Any idea ? 

DavidBE_0-1644324098519.png 

DavidBE_2-1644324440764.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.