Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

standard-io
Regular Visitor

How to get the query used in Direct Query if this fails

I'm doing a dashboard with Direct Query - SQL Server everthing is fine and work great but when I tried to filter by a specific  dimention always got stuck procesing the query and the error "Resources Exceeded" is displayed. I want to see what is the problem with performance analyzer but the error makes that no information is showed by the analyzer.

Is there a way to make Power BI Desktop shows the SQL Query by force the analalizer to see if this is the reason about the error message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
standard-io
Regular Visitor

I couldn't  force the Performance Analizer but I resolve this issue. First, I notice that I was filtering by a description (column) with no unique values so I create a second dimention table for the first dimention table with unique descriptions and then by filter through this table the query was almost 100 ms. Problably, SQL server was doing a Full Scan by every row from the first dim table against the facts table. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
standard-io
Regular Visitor

I couldn't  force the Performance Analizer but I resolve this issue. First, I notice that I was filtering by a description (column) with no unique values so I create a second dimention table for the first dimention table with unique descriptions and then by filter through this table the query was almost 100 ms. Problably, SQL server was doing a Full Scan by every row from the first dim table against the facts table. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.