Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Raph
Helper III
Helper III

How to change the source of a report made from a composite model ?

Hello 

I have my semantic model built in a Power BI desktop file, let's call it Dataset.

Last year, I made a new desktop file "Composite 1" which is a composite model with Dataset as a source as well as other Excel files on sharepoints. I published a report based on this new semantic model.

This year, I had to make a new file "Composite 2" similar to Composite 1 but with slight changes in measures compared to Composite 1. 

I need to copy the report made last year with Composite 1 and change the source to Composite 2.

Is that possible? How?

Thank you

Raphaël

6 REPLIES 6
Raph
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Uzi2019 

Thank you for your answer.

In fact, I made a copy of the report based on composite1. I want to change the source of the copy to a new source (composite2). I don't want to change the source at the Desktop files level but change the source of the new report from Composite1 to Composite2. I don't know if I am clear 🙂

Thank you

Raphaël

Hi @Raph 

I didnt get you.. Not on desktop file level means???

Data source needs to be modify at Power bi desktop only. You cant change to Power bi service.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Hi @Uzi2019 

I meant that desktop files Composite1 and Composite2 are OK with their sources.
The problem is the new report, which is a copy of a report built on Composite1 semantic model : I would like to switch the source of this report to Composite2.

@Raph 
What issue you are facing??

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Raph 
yes. can you can change the data source setting and create the new measure as well in composite model 2 also.

I hope I answered your question!

Hi @Raph 

To change source just click on 

Uzi2019_1-1710934822929.png

select transform data > then go to power query and change the source and navigation option >

Uzi2019_0-1710934791620.png

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.