Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change the dataset on desktop

Hello,

I have my report ready and now I would like to use this report with another dataset.  

Also, is it possible to connect 2 or more dataset on the same report ? 

How do I do that knowing the fact that I am using the power bi desktop (my computer is a mac...)  ?

Thanks you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If you create a report of dataset, you can change it using Home Tab -> Transform Data -> Data Source setting  -> Change source.

If you want to use two datasets (Power bi dataset), you need to use a direct query connection

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-datasets-azure-analysis-services

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ReneMoawad
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @Anonymous ,

In order to change the dataset sources, you need to have Power BI Desktop and you can follow the steps provided by @amitchandak.

But the problem is that you have a Mac, and Power BI Desktop is only available on Windows

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If you create a report of dataset, you can change it using Home Tab -> Transform Data -> Data Source setting  -> Change source.

If you want to use two datasets (Power bi dataset), you need to use a direct query connection

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-datasets-azure-analysis-services

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.