Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rashidanwar
Helper III
Helper III

How to Keep All Values of a Field When Using Measure on a Table Visual

I have a dataset in Power BI desktop. It contains 3 columns of data.
title, approval_date, and amount. I have also a measure named approved_amount. The measure is summing the amount column where approval date column in not blank.

On the report page, I have a table visual containing title, approval_date fileds and approved_amount measure.

I want to show all the titles even when approval date is blank. In that case approved_amount measure will show as blank.

But the problem is that when I add the approved_amount measureto the table visual it automatically filters out the title where approval date is blank. In other words table shows only those records where approval date is not blank.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Rashid Anwar 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rashidanwar 

Glad to hear you solved the problem yourself! Could you please mark your post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem as yours. Thank you.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rashidanwar
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @bhanu_gautam, I did a work around as explained below. If anyone could suggest a better solution to avoid additions of calculated column and conditional formatting, that would be great.

My solution:

I created a calculated column named "approved_amount_new." This column uses an IF statement to assign 0 to rows where "approval date" is blank and retains the original amount otherwise. By using "approved_amount_new" in the table visual, I ensured all titles were displayed. I then applied conditional formatting to make zeros in the "Amount" column transparent.

rashidanwar_0-1711778319633.png

Hi @rashidanwar 

Glad to hear you solved the problem yourself! Could you please mark your post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem as yours. Thank you.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bhanu_gautam
Super User
Super User

@rashidanwar , You can create a measure using ALL function which keeps all the values of title

approved_amount =
CALCULATE(
SUM('YourTableName'[amount]),
ALL('YourTableName'[approval_date])
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you @bhanu_gautam for your response.
ALL removes all the filter contexts so in our case we have outer filters as well coming from the Slicers. ALLSELECTED could do the job. I tried it but it doesn't work in my scenario. I am experiencing the same behaviour as  before using the ALLSELECTED.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.