Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I remove Lat Long and replace with work order number for each bubble on map?

The tool tips works great when mousing over a bubble, however, I would rather show a Work Order number instead of Lat Long data for each bubble.  I do have tools tips working but I have to mouse over bubbles to see the Work Order Number first.

I would like each Lat/Long bubble to display the Work Order Number only above it.

ToolTips work great - want to add Work Order # only to each bubble.ToolTips work great - want to add Work Order # only to each bubble.

Map Label Issue_1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You can add Work Order number into location and turn on Display category labels in Format.

And you need to summarize Latitude and Longitude by average.

My Sample:

3.png

Fields:

1.png

Format:

2.png

Result is as below.

5.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You can add Work Order number into location and turn on Display category labels in Format.

And you need to summarize Latitude and Longitude by average.

My Sample:

3.png

Fields:

1.png

Format:

2.png

Result is as below.

5.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

going to update this thread since the other replys are a couple of years old. . . 

You can remove the Lat Long by following these steps.

Once added in the map for the Lat and Long settings in the settings form, you can right click the lat and long and then move it to the tooltips shelf.  Once in the shelf, you can remove it from the Tooltips section and map still works and does not shwo the lat long in the map Tooltip.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RicoZhou...your solution here worked beautifully.  The average summary was required for Lat and Long data.  I would have never figured that out since I dont understand why an average sum of that data is required.  But, bottom line, your solution worked and looks great.  Exactly what I wanted. Here is a small screenshot of the icons with work order numbers tagged to each location.  Thank you! I think I may have selected the wrong solution but couldnt figure out how to change it. Working with this blog on my phone is difficult.

Screenshot_20201231-040934_Power BI.jpg

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can create your own custom report tooltip page and use that in your visuals. Read more here on how to create a custom report tooltip page.

CHECK MY LATEST BLOG POST Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I don't think that can be done.  If you turn on Category under Format, you'll just see the Lat and Long displayed.

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Philip:

That is indeed the problem I am running into for now.  Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

RicoZhou's answer did the trick.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.