Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

gkir
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hide URL link text from matrix

I added a custom tooltip on matrix, but the url: https://app.powerbi.com is still visible. Is it possible to hide it?

gkir_0-1670832235702.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gkir ,

According to your description, I think that if you don't want to display a long URL in a table, you can display a hyperlink icon instead.

Try as below:

Select the Format icon to open the Formatting tab. Under Visual > URL icon, for Values, select On.

vxiaosunmsft_1-1670912555714.pngvxiaosunmsft_3-1670912584692.png  vxiaosunmsft_2-1670912566192.png

You can reference the following document.

Add hyperlinks (URLs) to a table or matrix - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I added url on text. The problem is that the full url appears when I hover a mouse. I see both: custom tooltip and the full url. Is is possible to turn the full url off?
annam
Frequent Visitor

Hi I need the the solution to this. were you able to find any solution for this?

Can you walk me through how you added the url? I know I've dealt with this before. Do you need the tooltip at all? 

Thanks for your response. In table visual I added the url as conditional formatting. When I hover over it shows me the code. With online suggestions I turned on the tooltip and set the tranparency to 100%, with this it hide the hover over on all other columns but not on the text url. I am adding pictures for reference. What I am trying to do is when we hover over the text link row it should show nothing (no tooltip) or some customize text.

annam_0-1694620393418.png

annam_1-1694620403602.png

@gkir @annam did either of you get anywhere with this? would like to not show the url on hover as well

No solution so far

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.