Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Yvonne_Chang
Frequent Visitor

Help wtih Association Rules (count cannot match)

Hi All,

I am a beginner for PBI and I have a problem when runinng association rules.

I was trying to do a research between Countries and Issues on Printers, please refer to the graph below:

Comapre with Model A & B (highlight in red)----

PBI_Count.PNG.

What I confused is, why transactions in Model B can match "Count" column on association result, but cannot on Model A?

Did PBI delete part of data when processing? (I can  match "Count"  both on Model A & B when running R script.)

Thanks in advance.

Yvonne

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Yvonne_Chang wrote:

Hi All,

I am a beginner for PBI and I have a problem when runinng association rules.

I was trying to do a research between Countries and Issues on Printers, please refer to the graph below:

Comapre with Model A & B (highlight in red)----

PBI_Count.PNG.

What I confused is, why transactions in Model B can match "Count" column on association result, but cannot on Model A?

Did PBI delete part of data when processing? (I can  match "Count"  both on Model A & B when running R script.)

Thanks in advance.

Yvonne

@Yvonne_Chang

Does "association" refer to relationship between tables? Power BI doesn't delete any data when processing, in your case, I doubt,  most probably there're some leading\trailing blank spaces. Could you try to trim the columns in Query  Editor?

trim.gif

@Eric_Zhang

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply, I found the reason why cannot match the "Count" on association rules for R visualization.

It's because of the limitations on R visuals:

Create Power BI visuals using R

"Known limitations

R visuals in Power BI Desktop has a few limitations:

• Data size limitations – data used by the R visual for plotting is limited to 150,000 rows. If more than 150,000 rows are selected, only the top 150,000 rows are used and a message is displayed on the image."

Now I know Power BI doesn't delete any data when processing, but need to aware some restrictions when doing analysis.

Thanks for your feedback again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.