Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Prakash_Narayan

Format pane missing

Im trying to change the color of the bar chart from Power BI desktop and online, however the Pain roll on icon is misssing from the visualizatoin tab. I read the earlier posts to add the New format pane from options and settings, however the option is not available in my view. This feature is available for all users or only specific users? Is there any alternative way to format the colors of the bars? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi , @Prakash_N 

According to your screenshot, in the 1st picture, it seems that you select the page and it is a page configuration.
We need to select a visual .

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1673501605438.png

We’ve updated the format tab icon and added a descriptive subtitle to make it easier to find the Format pane. Previously, it was hard to find the format page settings. We’ve added a new Format page icon that you see when you haven't selected any visuals, and the canvas is ready for formatting.

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1673501618075.png

We've split the long list of formatting cards into two categories: visual specific vs. general settings. The general settings contain cards that affect the visual container and are consistent across all visual types. The visual specific settings contain cards that pertain only to the visual type you’re currently working with. This change allows for easier adjustment of general settings when you click across visuals, better scannability and discovery of visual specific cards, and helps new users learn where to find what.

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1673501669198.png

For more information, you can refer to this document:
The new Format pane in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Prakash_Narayan 

According to your description, you want to change the color in bar chart .

Now we can change it in "Format Pane".

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1673494068299.pngvyueyunzhmsft_1-1673494109435.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hello v-yueyunzh, thanks for responding. Sharing snapshots from a different login. I dont have the general and visual tabs in the formatting pane. 

0EC842F7-5AE7-4853-AD10-09A52A7DCDAC.png

DC7A22C5-6DC6-4AD9-8E98-C3B08D084CAD.png

38C932ED-6FDA-49F2-B9DC-50B2A0157AEB.png

Hi , @Prakash_N 

According to your screenshot, in the 1st picture, it seems that you select the page and it is a page configuration.
We need to select a visual .

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1673501605438.png

We’ve updated the format tab icon and added a descriptive subtitle to make it easier to find the Format pane. Previously, it was hard to find the format page settings. We’ve added a new Format page icon that you see when you haven't selected any visuals, and the canvas is ready for formatting.

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1673501618075.png

We've split the long list of formatting cards into two categories: visual specific vs. general settings. The general settings contain cards that affect the visual container and are consistent across all visual types. The visual specific settings contain cards that pertain only to the visual type you’re currently working with. This change allows for easier adjustment of general settings when you click across visuals, better scannability and discovery of visual specific cards, and helps new users learn where to find what.

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1673501669198.png

For more information, you can refer to this document:
The new Format pane in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

but now i cant find the conditional setting dots for card visuals neither card labels heading in formatting pane

Thank you very much Aniya, this worked. 

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Prakash_Narayan 

Please add the snap shot to show what is missing to help! the interfact will be same for all users!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello Vijay, thanks for responding. Im sharing the snapshots from different login. Please check.

456E8A40-722A-4F7E-A56A-AE4F3F8AAEC8.png

AC8382CE-1E76-4519-B9F6-1F6C6B0A7976.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.