Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering Non-Consecutive Values in a Bar Chart

luke_o_0-1632494432545.png

I have the above graph and the user would like to use a slicer to only select certain values for each bar in this chart. I setup a "between" slider and used the min and max as filters and was able to get the desired result. Now the user wants to be able to use checkboxes to select none consecutive values. Is there a way this can be modified so the FILTER function will filter however many options are selected from a dropdown?

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Sorry,I don't know the format of your X axis. If you do not have a group column as the X axis, create this column and put it into the slicer.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Group-Bin-in-Power-Query/ba-p/1997205#M849 

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

If you have a checklist slicer that has the bucket dimension used on the x-axis, then I think it would work fine (depending on how the measures are written). There's not enough information here to tell. It would help to explain a bit more what measures and dimensions you're using get create this chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.