Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CMoppet
Helper II
Helper II

Error Exporting - File Couldn't Be Created

Hello

I've been using a report that I created a year ago and have encountered an issue over the last week thatI've not had before.  Whenever I try to export data from a chart, I get the error message below.  I haven't changed anything in the build...I just refresh the data once a week and export.  I've tried googling for a solution and saw some older threads on here, but found no actual solutions.  Can anyone help, please?  Thank you

CMoppet_0-1713168614208.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@CMoppet 

In response to your question, here are some suggestions I have made:

First, make sure that Power BI Desktop is up to date. Older versions may cause compatibility issues with exported data.

Make sure you still have the permissions required to export the data. If you are not an administrator, you may need to contact your administrator to ensure that your permissions have not changed.

Solved: Unable to export data from Power BI visuals. - Microsoft Fabric Community

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @CMoppet 

Two things I can think of:

1. Go in Power query editor and refresh there all the related queries. Do you see a successful refresh or some error?

2. Check Power BI desktop version and see if latest version is working well with your older created chart/report. If refresh in step 1 was sucessful, can you create a new chart from scratch and use the same data fields and see if then export works?

Hope it helps.

Hello.   I've refreshed (there were no errors) and also created new charts, but it still isn't working 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.