Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JoosePekkarinen
Regular Visitor

Dynamic text box / basic value

Hi, If anyone could help with quite specific case.

I have a report that is linked to a SharePoint list for additional information. The box shows a row specific information when one is selected. Is there a way to have a basic (or chosen) value for the text box when no rows are selected:

JoosePekkarinen_3-1715331465196.png

It seems that now the "basic" value is just a random row from the list. I created a dummy row at first and it worked well at the beginning but now the "basic" row is seemingly a random row that changes from the list. It is a bit challenging to give a file because of the SharePoint connection. I tried to play with measures to show the oldest row but didn't get is to work. Don't need a specific code but some ideas how to customize the basic value. Sorry about the redactions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
halfglassdarkly
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Try using

SELECTEDVALUE('Table Name'[Field Name],"Alternate text to display when a single value isn't selected")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
halfglassdarkly
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Try using

SELECTEDVALUE('Table Name'[Field Name],"Alternate text to display when a single value isn't selected")

Thanks! This works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.