Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Duplicate rows when using date as columns in matrix

I have a bizzarre issue that I cannot for the life of me resolve.

I am merely trying to display sales, by state, using date buckets.  I have used the standard matrix chart for this.  The issue is that the rows for the states are duplicating for most of the states. It seems to be related to the fact that I have appended two tables together using the Append function.  If I filter on a field so that only data from one of the two tables would be available, then there is no issue. Also, it is only occurring when the "Order Date" field is used as a column.  The issue occurs when I use a date dimension table, or using the date in the actual tables.

bruceandersonBI_0-1646982790772.png

Interestingly I don't have the issue when the Order Date is used as a row.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

bruceandersonBI_1-1646982807728.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bruceandersonBI , Does the state column has a sort order column, I doubt that it has more than one sort value for one value.

Or use clean and trim in power query and try again

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bruceandersonBI , Does the state column has a sort order column, I doubt that it has more than one sort value for one value.

Or use clean and trim in power query and try again

Many thanks for your reply.  It was the trim function that resolved it!  There must have been spaces after some of the values.  I didn't know of the trim or clean functions... I could have used them in the past on several occasions. I have always only been using replace.   Many thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.