Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Julio-YYC
Helper II
Helper II

Creating Links for the values in a Column

Hi there,

Needing help with this request. 

I have a table visual that includes a [Employee Name] column. I need to make all the names as hyperlinks and when I click on the link, it will take me to a second page in my power BI report which contains a table with all the information filtered by the selected s employee's name. 

JulioYYC_0-1706916470888.png

Any help will be really appreciated!

thanks! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Nori
Regular Visitor

In this way is not possible. Instead you need to create a drillthrough.

In this page is explainedhttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drillthrough

The example is about a bar but is the same for tables.

View solution in original post

v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Julio-YYC 

It's impossible to use this way. But you can use the drillthrough feature to achieve what you want, just like the one Nori  provided above. Here's my addition and demonstration of how to use drillthrough:
Based on your information, I create two tables

vyohuamsft_0-1707210256936.png

vyohuamsft_1-1707210256937.png

Next, add a report page in the lower left corner of the view page.

1.1.png

Create a Table Visual in the second page and put Employ in the Drill Through under the Visualizations page

1.2.png

Create a visual on the first page of the report as well, then right-click on the name and the Drill Through button will appear

1.png

Once you select the page you want to drill through, you'll get information about that user

2.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data)

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Julio-YYC 

It's impossible to use this way. But you can use the drillthrough feature to achieve what you want, just like the one Nori  provided above. Here's my addition and demonstration of how to use drillthrough:
Based on your information, I create two tables

vyohuamsft_0-1707210256936.png

vyohuamsft_1-1707210256937.png

Next, add a report page in the lower left corner of the view page.

1.1.png

Create a Table Visual in the second page and put Employ in the Drill Through under the Visualizations page

1.2.png

Create a visual on the first page of the report as well, then right-click on the name and the Drill Through button will appear

1.png

Once you select the page you want to drill through, you'll get information about that user

2.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data)

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Nori
Regular Visitor

In this way is not possible. Instead you need to create a drillthrough.

In this page is explainedhttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drillthrough

The example is about a bar but is the same for tables.

Thanks Nori, that solved my issue. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Julio-YYC I don't believe you can do exactly that but you can get close. Create a column that holds the URL and set the Data category to Web URL. Then put your person name and the URL column in a table. In the Format pane, expand the URL icon format card and turn on Values. See attached PBIX below signature for example.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

hI @Greg_Deckler thanks for the idea, but the drill through solution was more suitable to my problem...thanks.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.