Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Count repeated values only once

I have a table as shown in the image with opportunity codes that are unique and do not repeat and I also have a column that is the ID_Cliente that can be repeated several times.

I want to get a calculated column that puts me "1" for each id_cliente counted only 1 time, but it is counting me only the only ones with this DAX formula

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Opportunities[codOpportunity]),ALLEXCEPT(Opportunities, Opportunities[CustomerID]))

I want you to tell me both the only ones that are not repeated, as well as the repeated but counted only 1 time. So the table would look as shown in the image. I appreciate any ideas or help.

KheyGlezM85_0-1679418723314.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,
Update your counting formula for :

Column =
if(CALCULATE ( COUNT ( 'Table'[id] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table','Table'[id] ) )=1,1,blank())
*Whithout "if" it will just count repeats of every "id".
Ritaf1983_0-1679457179956.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Could you help me with this request, I'm trying to place this formula, if(CALCULATE ( COUNT ( 'Table'[id] ), ALL except ( 'Table','Table'[id] ) )=1,1,blank()), but I can't find the count function and the third criterion of the if function (i.e. the blank one) doesn't work.

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,
Update your counting formula for :

Column =
if(CALCULATE ( COUNT ( 'Table'[id] ), ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table','Table'[id] ) )=1,1,blank())
*Whithout "if" it will just count repeats of every "id".
Ritaf1983_0-1679457179956.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.