Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kes7moodley
Regular Visitor

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Mashup.Cdm.ICdmProvider

Hi I am connecting to a datalake, GEN2. I have been plagued with a refresh error on my the desktop version of powerbi, below is the error message I have received:
"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Mashup.Cdm.ICdmProvider, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I have unistalled powerbi and even loaded the latest version (Version: 2.121.942.0 64-bit (September 2023) and I still have this issue.

The issue happens even if I try to create a brand new report using the datalake as my source,so this is not isolated to existing reports. Has anyone received this before and how did you resolve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @kes7moodley ,

if you didn't find an answer, reach out to microsoft support https://support.powerbi.com

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wanajo38
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi,

Same problem here, have you found a solution since then?

Hi there, so the problem was the powerbi version itself. Download this version 2.121.903.0 64-bit (September 2023). After I did that had no further issues.

Thank you very much, I hope that Microsoft will correct the problem quickly, I would prefer to use an up-to-date version in the long term.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @kes7moodley ,

if you didn't find an answer, reach out to microsoft support https://support.powerbi.com

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.