Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

a3t
Frequent Visitor

Charting new customer data based on zero trailing three month volume

Hi! Thanks in advance for any help. Hopefully the question and details I've provided are enough, but I'm happy to clarify. 

Here is a sample PBIX file: Drive link 

Goal: To chart the following account data on the y-axis for the new accounts by month (legend=year, x-axis=month):

• Count of accounts
  • Volume
  • Revenue
  • Margin

Parameters:

• "New" is defined as 0 volume in prior 3 calendar months
  • An account can be "new" multiple times as shown in test file and snippet below

Example:

• Using the sample data, for 2023, January would show nothing; February would show data on 1 account, March would show combined data for 3 accounts, etc.

Problem:

• April and May data is currently showing in the table to the left, but that's based on multiple measures relative to today.
  • I've tried SO MANY different things to get this working properly; it seems so simple in my head, but I'm a novice and can't waste any more time trying to figure it out myself. 

a3t_0-1684857901763.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@a3t , refer if this approach can help

Customer Retention Part 2: Period over Period Retention :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-2-Period-over-Period-Retenti...

Thank you! I was able to rig this to get it to work - still some slight issues but it'll do 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.