Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mr_Glister
Advocate II
Advocate II

CALCULATE(SUM(....),ALL(....)) doesn't ignore filter

Hi,

I have a data table ('SALES') which basically consists of two columns, Date and Volume HOG. 

Here is a glimpse. Notice that this is a table visual and I'm not showing all the rows but that the total is 47,408.

data table.JPG

In the page I'm using I have a filter on the Date to show only the last 10 weeks. But I need a measure that returns always the unfiltered total of the column Volume HOG (=47,408) no matter what the date filter is.

So naturally I want to do : Volume HOG total= CALCULATE(SUM('SALES'[Volume HOG]), ALL('SALES'[Date]))

However, it doesn't work. The table visual correctly shows and sums up only the last 10 weeks but the measure I created, which should ignore and filters on the Date, returns the same result instead of 47,408. And I have no idea why... Can anybody help me?

data table filtered.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of ALL('SALES'[Date]) can you try ALL('SALES'))?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mark_Timson
Helper I
Helper I

Is there a way of doing this but then summing all by a specific group ? I have Filtered my table down by specific week and Branch I want a company total by the same group. When I use all it will just return the whole sum of the table I dont want that I want sum by group but for all branches.

Below is an example:

Group|SalesAmount| CompanyTotal

NNQ  | 2836            | 10025

Branch Sales Company TY = 
VAR TFW = SELECTEDVALUE('s_bgw'[week])
RETURN 
CALCULATE
(
    SUM('iwdba s_bgw'[salesamount]),
    ALL('s_bgw'),
    's_bgw'[week] = TFW
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try using the ALLEXCEPT call. Here you can add in the fields that you don't want the filter removed on (week and branch).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of ALL('SALES'[Date]) can you try ALL('SALES'))?

Simple as that! Thanks a lot! But can you tell me why this works or why my formula didn't?

@Mr_Glister i think its because of the filter context on the date.  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

ALL('SALES') removes ANY filter on the SALES table

so it looks like it works in this example but it does not in general. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.