Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

leekarensl
Frequent Visitor

A + denoting a positive trend in visualisation

Hi all,

One of my visualisations that I created for my stakeholders is one indicating the YoY percentages. If you see the screenshot below, you can see that spend is in the negative when compared to last year but impressions is up. My stakeholder is asking me if it is possible to have a plus sign for the impressions. In other words it will show +2.31%. Is this possible? How do I do that? Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-02-01 142923.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Try this method ....

Click on the Modelling view icon.

Click on your measure name.

In the Propertise window select Formating, Format = Custom

• Then set the custom fomat to +0.00%;-0.00%

speedramps_0-1706802113073.png

Or you can create a measure

measurename = 
FORMAT(
[Impression],
"0.00%;-0.00%"
)

Thanks for the clear description of the problem with example data. I wish everyone did that!

Remember we are unpaid volunteers, and you have got free expert help which took a lot of effort,
This solution works and does exactly what you asked.
So please quickly click the [accept as solution] and the thumbs up button to leave kudos. 

One question per ticket please. If you need to change or extend your request then please raise a new ticket.

You will get a quicker response and each volunteer solver will get the kudos they deserve. Thank you ! 

If you quote @speedramps in your next tickets then I will then receive an automatic notification, and will be delighted to help you again.

Please now click the [accept as solution] and the thumbs up button.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
leekarensl
Frequent Visitor

@speedramps , thank you, your solution works perfectly!

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Try this method ....

Click on the Modelling view icon.

Click on your measure name.

In the Propertise window select Formating, Format = Custom

• Then set the custom fomat to +0.00%;-0.00%

speedramps_0-1706802113073.png

Or you can create a measure

measurename = 
FORMAT(
[Impression],
"0.00%;-0.00%"
)

Thanks for the clear description of the problem with example data. I wish everyone did that!

Remember we are unpaid volunteers, and you have got free expert help which took a lot of effort,
This solution works and does exactly what you asked.
So please quickly click the [accept as solution] and the thumbs up button to leave kudos. 

One question per ticket please. If you need to change or extend your request then please raise a new ticket.

You will get a quicker response and each volunteer solver will get the kudos they deserve. Thank you ! 

If you quote @speedramps in your next tickets then I will then receive an automatic notification, and will be delighted to help you again.

Please now click the [accept as solution] and the thumbs up button.  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.