Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Poweraegg
Advocate II
Advocate II

Publish Dataflow without Refresh

Hello,

unfortunately in Fabric I want to be able to change a dataflow that is part of a pipeline, but I do not want to publish it and refresh it independently before running the pipeline. The pipeline does not accept changes in the dataflow unless I publish and refresh it. But the dataflow is a dependent step in my pipeline. If a dataflow has dependencies, how can I publish without an automatic refresh? Can this be added? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GeethaT-MSFT
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@Poweraegg Thanks for posting your question in Microsoft Fabric CommunitySeeing the same behavior, I'd suggest you limit your queries to "Top 1 row" for now and process the refresh since it will create the item and make it searchable in the Pipeline > Dataflow activity, whenever you are ready you can remove the limiting step.

Regards

Geetha

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
frithjof_v
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I have voted for this idea

I want to be able to save (publish) dataflow gen2 without it automatically refreshing 

you can now click "publish later": 

Poweraegg_0-1706295782911.png

You suggest without event checking what it does... It does nothing, same as just closing. It would be great if this would allow to choose time and date when to publish...

Yeah I agree, that would be nice. The problem I had was that I couldn't get it into a pipeline without publishing.

Be sure to post that idea inside of the Fabric Ideas portal --> https://aka.ms/FabricIdeas

GeethaT-MSFT
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@Poweraegg Thanks for posting your question in Microsoft Fabric CommunitySeeing the same behavior, I'd suggest you limit your queries to "Top 1 row" for now and process the refresh since it will create the item and make it searchable in the Pipeline > Dataflow activity, whenever you are ready you can remove the limiting step.

Regards

Geetha

This isn't really a solution.. while limiting the query to Top 1 somewhere in the flow for testing is ok, when you're ready to open it up you still have the same problem. you can't open it up and save it, without it running independently of the pipeline.

Will we be able to publish without the job automatically running? Its very limiting if the dataflow has reliances on the pipeline that should run before it

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.