Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sathish133
Frequent Visitor

ODBC connection in Data Pipeline or Data Flow Gen2 in Microsoft Fabric

Hi,

I am trying to connect the ODBC source in Microsoft Fabric either Data Pipeline (Copy Activity) or Data Flow Gen2.

I have installed the ODBC driver "DataDirect HDP 4.6" in my laptop and created the System DSN with the client specific details like Service Name, port number, Hybrid Data Pipeline Source, user name & password and finally tested the DSN and test is successful.

Then I have installed the On-premises data gateway in my laptop and which is showing status as online in Microsoft Fabric.

Now I have tried to create the ODBC connection in Microsoft Fabric Data Pipeline Gen2, but which is throghing the error

"An exception occurred: ODBC: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (Session ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Region: us)"

Can you please help, where I am missing something.

Below are the screenshots

Sathish133_0-1716191542877.png

Sathish133_1-1716191573469.png

Sathish133_2-1716191638336.png

Sathish133_4-1716191841625.png

Sathish133_3-1716191755261.png

Regards,

Sathish Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sathish133
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

While creating the connection, we should not use {}. After removing {} connection established succesfully.

Regards,

Sathish Kumar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FabricLearner
Regular Visitor

Thank you so much @Sathish133

Your response helped me make an ODBC connection in Fabric. I appreciate your help.

FabricLearner
Regular Visitor

Hi @Sathish133 ,

I encountered a similar issue while connecting our Deltek Production database to Fabric using the ODBC connector. Here are the steps I followed:

• Installed the ODBC driver ‘DataDirect HDP 4.6’ on the SQL server.
  • Created a System DSN (Data Source Name) with client-specific details, including the Service Name, port number, Hybrid Data Pipeline Source, username, and password
  • Successfully tested the DSN.

FabricLearner_3-1716396007010.png

• Installed the On-premises data gateway in Sql Server and which is showing status as online in Microsoft Fabric.

FabricLearner_2-1716395942659.png

• Now I have tried to create the ODBC connection in Microsoft Fabric Data Flow, but which is throghing below error

An exception occurred: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Hybrid driver][Hybrid]HTTP library error: Perform failed. (3, The URL was not properly formatted.)

FabricLearner_4-1716396402364.png

Could you please identify what I'm missing here, and that could be a big help for me.

Thank you and appreciating you help and time.

Hi @FabricLearner,

In your Fabric Data Flow ODBC connection, Please mention ODBC Connection String as 

dsn=Deltek_Fabric_Odbc

You have to mention your exact ODBC DSN name in the connection string area and then connect. I hope this will resolve the issue.

Note : ODBC Driver, ODBS DSN and On Premise Data Gateway - All should present in the same host.

Regards,

Sathish Kumar

Sathish133
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

While creating the connection, we should not use {}. After removing {} connection established succesfully.

Regards,

Sathish Kumar

Hi @Sathish133 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Glad that you were able to find some insights and thank you for sharing the same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Please continue using Fabric Community for further queries.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.