Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasPyndt
Frequent Visitor

Not able to save destination settings for Dataflow Gen2

Hi

I am using a Dataflow Gen2 to obtain a bunch of different CSV files, all of them more or less like so:

let
  Source = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.XXXXX.com/reports/BLD?apiToken=YYYYYYY"), [Delimiter = ",", Encoding = 65001, QuoteStyle = QuoteStyle.None]),
  #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Source, [PromoteAllScalars = true]),
  #"Changed column type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers", {{"Fuel Price", type number}, {"Lifting ID", Int64.Type}})

in
#"Changed column type"

In the data flow destination I am choosing a Lakehouse.

This works fine for 25 out of 27, but for two of them, I cannot get past the "Choose destination settings" screen.

When I click "save settings", nothing happens

ThomasPyndt_0-1712574588767.png

I got tired of trying to fix it, so I moved on to some of the other CSV documents, which worked like a charm, but when returning to the two they both get stuck at the am. screen.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a known issue here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
anros
Employee
Employee

For reference if anyone else face this issue in the next 2 weeks, this is currently a bug as all the columns contain a space.

This issue will be treated with high priority but as a workaround, make sure at least one column does not contain a space when loading to Lakehouse.

Best Regards,

Antoine

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ThomasPyndt
Frequent Visitor

Hi Antoine

Thank you very much for your prompt attension and solution - works like a charm!

Should I add it as a solution in the forum or would you rather just deploy the fix?

Kind regards

Thomas

Hi @ThomasPyndt 

Glad that you got some insights on your query. 

Please continue using Fabric Community on your further queries.

Thanks.

anros
Employee
Employee

For reference if anyone else face this issue in the next 2 weeks, this is currently a bug as all the columns contain a space.

This issue will be treated with high priority but as a workaround, make sure at least one column does not contain a space when loading to Lakehouse.

Best Regards,

Antoine

Fix is being rolled out and should be available next week in all regions

anros
Employee
Employee

Hi @ThomasPyndt,

Would you mind sharing a session id of a repro with me by private message ?

It can be found on the ribbon menu under "Options" then "Diagnostics". You can the right click and copy the value.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors