Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nalakan
Frequent Visitor

Filtering selected tables with data in Dataflow Gen2 to Fabric

Hi Folks,
I am trying to ingest data from on prem sql server to fabric via data flowflow Gen2 .I just need to select a particular schema(e:g finance) and views that starting from letter "X" ,i need to ingest via gen2. I can query the data via sql statement as below.

nalakan_0-1714717684078.png

But what is happening afterwords in next screen(PQ window) is i am not getting the actual tables as a hierarchy of tables to select,instead table names in tabular format.
So that kind of requirement can we do with dataflows gen 2, pipeline activity in fabric.since it is difficult to select one by one tables in the UI if it is having 1000+ etc views/tables.

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nalakan ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Can you please share the screenshot of the next page and describe little about your issue, so I can guide you better?

Thanks. @v-gchenna-msft 
(sry for the blurred image)

nalakan_0-1714730354783.png

What i want is yellow coloured tables as a tree view in left side with data as normal import scenario in gen2.( purple color).

Hi @nalakan ,

As I understand you will get output of the sql query mentioned during connection in PQ View.
I am unable to understand why are you expecting a different tree view structure?
Are you expecting to connecting to your On-Prem SQL Server directly in Fabric?

Yes.via gateway .
It is not a different tree view .I just need to filter the tables based on my condition that mentioned earlier.

Hi @nalakan ,

vgchennamsft_0-1714731959784.png

Did you got a chance to check this option?
With the help of the filter you can select the required rows.

yes.this is only filtering table names.related data in the tables can not obtained in this method.

Hi @nalakan ,

You can get below view if you do connection directly without mentioning the query.

vgchennamsft_0-1714732145309.png

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

This is fine for few tables.but as i mentioned ,i have 1000 + tables.so it is not practical to invdiually select the tables starting from letter  "x" .You got my requirement?

Hi @nalakan ,

I was able to understand your issue. Unfortunately at present we only have this option.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback link , which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.
Feedback Link : Home (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Oh,is that so...
Sure.vl share via feedback link.
Thanks for your support.

Hi @nalakan ,

I hope you got some insights on your query. You can let me know if there is any further queries.
Please continue using Fabric Community on your further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.