Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

snraedsoeia
Regular Visitor

Fabric Dataflow Gen2 Lakehouse: Switch from "new" to "existing" table automatically

If I create a dataflow gen2 for a new bronze tier table, of course I choose the "new table" option as destination. I publish the dataflow successfully and the table henceforth exists. The dataflow therefore fails upon refresh, with an error along the lines of "table already exists". While this behavior is logical, I find it ridiculous. Because now I have to go through the whole dataflow destination settings again. And if I ever were to delete the table to start a fresh loading cycle, I would have to go through the destination settings yet again. TWICE! This gets ever more tedious, the more dataflows I amass in my workspace.

So I ask: Is there a setting that I'm missing or any solution for my problem that doesn't mean not using dataflows at all?

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Alven
Employee
Employee

Hi @snraedsoeia,

as mentioned by @v-nikhilan-msft, it can be helpful to send us the screenshot of the error with the session id but, from what I see from your initial screenshot, this seems a known bug for which we are working on a fix.

Best regards,

Alessandro

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alven
Employee
Employee

Hi @snraedsoeia,

as mentioned by @v-nikhilan-msft, it can be helpful to send us the screenshot of the error with the session id but, from what I see from your initial screenshot, this seems a known bug for which we are working on a fix.

Best regards,

Alessandro

snraedsoeia
Regular Visitor

Interestingly, today several dataflows, which contain only one query, work as I would wish. The big one with about 30 queries still doesn't, though. Here's the error:

snraedsoeia_1-1714731617686.png

Hi @snraedsoeia 
Thanks for the details. As per the error, I think you are not using the latest version of Gateway. This can also lead to errors sometimes. Can you please download the latest version of Gateway and retry? Please let me know if the issue still persists.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-monthly-updates

Thank you

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @snraedsoeia 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
The dataflow shouldn't fail just because the table exists. New table means the table will be created if it doesn't exist, otherwise the existing table will be used as target. Can you share more details around the failure?
Please send me the screenshot of the error along with the session id.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.