Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fabric - Amending DataFlow Gen2

Hi

I'm trying to create my first data model with Fabric. I've brought two tables into my Lakehouse in a new Workspace I created specifically for this.

then I realsied that in one table my primary key was 'Text' and another it was 'whole number'. So I went back in the change the data type; whihc I did but then when I published it I got the following error.

Unhandled HTTP Request Exception. Status Code: 500. Reason: undefined. Response Text: {"error":{"code":999999,"message":"Something went wrong, please try again later. If the error persists, please contact support.","details":null}}.

There is a very good chance that I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else experienced this and know whats happening, or what I'm not doing?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Jenifercrook45

Verify Data type Changes, Refresh Metadata, Check Dependences, Review Transformation Logic, Validate Input Data, Retry Publishing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This appears to be something to do with folding queries. not exactly sure what is happening and why, but if I load the tables directly from the OData feed via Dataflow Gen 2 and DO NOT do any manipluations in Power Query the tables load to the Lakehouse.

If I duplicate a couple of columns and merge them for example then I get this error when I Publish.

If I use Power BI to load the tables directly from OData via Power Query then I can do these sorts of manipulations without an issue.

If anyone could explain I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Session ID: 648571b7-78c2-4d4c-b644-6fac28106f92

It may well be me and my knowledge/skill set.

thanks

Looks like this is related to a known issue in our publish flow.

We've already fixed this, and it should be deployed in all regions by EOD today.

Please try it again tomorrow and let me know if you are still encountering issues.

Thanks,

Omer

OmerMachluf
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous, 

Omer from Dataflows here.
Thanks for reporting this issue.
If you can provide a session id, or a dataflow id it would be helpful as i would then be able to look what went wrong in the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.