Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

foks
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow with SQL Server On-Prem and Gateway: A non-serializable exception was encountered.

Hello,

I installed the gateway and configured SQL Server Data Source. It works when I'm using navigation pane and select table but when I want to use query instead e.g. select top (100) * from [schema].[table] - it doesn't work. 

It is showing an error in power query: A non-serializable exception was encountered.

foks_0-1704206216305.png

In Gateway log I have: Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.MashupDataAccessPermissionException: The evaluation requires a permission that has not been provided. Data source kind: 'SQL'. Data source path: 'servername;dbname'. Permission kind: 'NativeQuery'.; ErrorShortName: MashupDataAccessPermissionException

In Power BI Desktop, when I try to use native query, it shows warning and I have to click accept. And then it works. I didn't found any similar window/options for DFG1/DFG2 in Fabric. (Classic DF shows the same error). 

The authentication is SQL Server login authentication. 

Many thanks for any help. Unfortunately I cannot use Data Pipelines instead of Data Flow because it doesn't support SQL Server on-prem yet. 

4 REPLIES 4
Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

Instead of inserting a SQL Query in M code, have you tried to simply get the data first into the Power Query editor  (by just selecting the data source using the GUI) and then use the menu/toolbar functionality to filter the data according to what you want?  

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @foks ,

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the issue you have been facing.

This might require a deeper investigation from our engineering team and they can guide you better.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support
Please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Hi @foks ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to create a support ticket. In case if you have created p
lease provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Hi @foks ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to create a support ticket. In case if you have created please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.