Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

BUG::export JSON for DFg2

STEPS

The goal here is as follows:  Because I have a lot of queries in this DFg2, instead of manually copy/paste them, I am trying to export everything as a JSON file to reimport into a new DFg2 because I do not want to modify the original DFg2 as it is under tech support investigation because of a potential bug.

0__navigate to workspace list of all Farbic artifacts, ie where you can see pipelines, DFg2. Notebooks, lakehouses, etc

1__click on the 3-dot menu for the DFg2 that you want to export as JSON like so

export_json.jpg

2__the following message appears:

export_json_msg.jpg

3__and then the message disappears and there is no JSON file anywhere, neither in the workspace nor in the local Download folder.

Note:  the DFg2 is a DF that failed publishing because of a 'Dynamic datasources not supported' error message EVEN THOUGH the 2 sources used are Fabric lakehouse tables with the remainder of the queries using computable tables via query references.  

In other words, does a DFg2 need to succeed the publish phase before one can export the queries as a JSON file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Element115 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
I tried to repro the steps you mentioned above and did not face any error. I have attached the screenshots for your reference.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1706870171979.png

vnikhilanmsft_1-1706870215469.png

This dataflow has failed to publish.

vnikhilanmsft_2-1706870307924.png

So this is not a bug. The file will be downloaded to your local machine. If you are still facing an issue in downloading the json file please create a support ticket and share the details: Microsoft Fabric Support and Status | Microsoft Fabric

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Element115 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
I tried to repro the steps you mentioned above and did not face any error. I have attached the screenshots for your reference.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1706870171979.png

vnikhilanmsft_1-1706870215469.png

This dataflow has failed to publish.

vnikhilanmsft_2-1706870307924.png

So this is not a bug. The file will be downloaded to your local machine. If you are still facing an issue in downloading the json file please create a support ticket and share the details: Microsoft Fabric Support and Status | Microsoft Fabric

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

You're right, very strange. Now Edge shows me the Open vs Save box with the filename. Didn't yesterday.  This is getting weird.  🙃

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.