Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

BUG::Power Query Advanced editor

(for those wondering why I am doing this, it is because this query feeds into the next one and because I just deleted the respective table in the lakehouse and the mode is 'Append', this first query expects to find a table that is not empty in the lakehouse. Therefore the idea was to uncomment everything instead of deleting the query (since it does not seem possible to deactivate the query without deleting it) so that the second query would run in 'Append' mode and create the table anew and repopulate it without having to click on the Data destination settings and changing 'Append' to 'Create new table' and then coming back in and switching it back to 'Append' mode. But I get a feeling I will end up to have to do so anyway.)

STEPS:

0__create a Dataflow Gen2

1__create any query in M

2__select all the lines and CTRL-/ to comment out all the code

3__click OK

4__error message:  Token Literal expected appears, and a red tilda symbol at the end of the line of the last line that is commented out

see screenshot here:

PQ_editor_bug_Screenshot 2024-01-24 172336.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
frithjof_v
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I think it expects at least a let statement and an in statement. You could write something like

let

Source = ""

in

Source

I thought if you disable the staging of the query, and also make sure the query does not have a destination and is not being referenced by another query, then I thought that would "deactivate" the query but I'm not sure it's just a guess tbh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
frithjof_v
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I think it expects at least a let statement and an in statement. You could write something like

let

Source = ""

in

Source

I thought if you disable the staging of the query, and also make sure the query does not have a destination and is not being referenced by another query, then I thought that would "deactivate" the query but I'm not sure it's just a guess tbh

Yes, you're right.  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.