Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PhantomThread
Regular Visitor

Why am I getting partial capacity issues?

So this morning, trying to work on getting my Fabric pipelines to run so to deliver data to an analyst, I kept encountering 

Failed to load

Unable to complete the action because your organization’s Fabric compute capacity has exceeded its limits. Try again later.

I asked our Fabric admin to investigate and yes, we do spike past our CU limit when the whole business interacts with our Power BI reporting on a morning. Weirdly though, this is the first morning this has happened. I'm working in Fabric 100% of the time.

However, it's now the afternoon, we're well under our CU limit and I can create objects and do work in other workspaces ... yet in the workspace I tried to use this morning, I keep getting that error.

Possible bug just like how you can't move stuff between workspaces?

Anybody got any ideas? Microsoft have told my manager that we should be on a Fabric capacity already but we're still seeing "trial 59 days" so I have no clue what is going on. Any help / suggestions most appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PhantomThread,

Apologies for the issue you have been facing.

This might require a deeper investigation from our engineering team and they can guide you better.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support
Please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

Thanks.

I'm going to wait until my manager is back in on Monday to discuss how our capacity is set up and we'll have a look together at the metrics and get confirmation of our capacity status - as to whether we have been migrated from Premium to Fabric yet... unfortunately I am not a capacity admin.

Everything seems to be working again at the moment despite it being peak interactive use time. Will feed back my findings to the forum for any future reference/searching.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors