Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hilmi-tuerkoglu
Regular Visitor

SAP HANA Connection with MS Fabric Data Factory pipeline not working

Hello,

i tried to build a connection from a Data Factory Pipeline in MS Fabric with my SAP HANA.

It gives me an Error i do not understand. (Screenshot)

Please someone help me.

hilmituerkoglu_0-1714416271232.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hilmi-tuerkoglu ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

There are a couple of possible reasons for this error:

• Firewall restrictions: The firewall on the SAP HANA server might be blocking incoming connections on port 30013. You'll need to configure the firewall to allow traffic from Fabric Data Factory on this port.
  • Incorrect server name or port: The server name or port number you've specified in the connection details might be incorrect. Double-check that these details are correct for your SAP HANA server.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the connection:

• Verify firewall settings: Make sure that the firewall on the SAP HANA server is configured to allow incoming connections on port 30013 from Fabric Data Factory.
  • Check server name and port: Ensure that the server name and port number you've entered in the connection details are correct. You can find this information in the documentation for your SAP HANA server.
  • Use a data gateway: If you're connecting to an on-premises SAP HANA server, you might need to use a data gateway to create a secure connection between Fabric Data Factory and your SAP HANA server. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/data-factory/how-to-access-on-premises-data

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

hey thank you for your support and your imput.

i think it has to do with the firewall so i contacted some IT Colleagues to help me. as soon as i have more information about the solution, i will let you inform.

Best.

Hi @hilmi-tuerkoglu ,

I am happy to know that you got some insights.

Yeah, please share the solution once you have it.

Thank you

Hi @hilmi-tuerkoglu ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Hi @hilmi-tuerkoglu ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors