Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

CalebCarter9278
Frequent Visitor

Fabric Data Factory - Akixi API Copy Data

Hi all,

I am relatively new to APIs and Data Factories.

I am trying to extract some data from some reports using the Akixi API to append to some SQL tables on a Fabric Data Warehouse using Fabric Data Factory. Akixi API Link: Akixi Developer Portal

I have some web activites for authenication which seems to be working but rather than using a web acitivty for report execution I want to use the copy data activity so I can land the data from the reports into the Fabric Data Warehouse but I am running into this error message:
"Error occurred when deserializing source JSON file ''. Check if the data is in valid JSON object format.
Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0."

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Quick Update: We got it working by using the HTTP Connector instead of the REST Connector

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HimanshuS-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@CalebCarter9278  : I did read the docmumentation of the Akixi API and it does returns the data in JSON format , which is a requirment for API calls from copy activity . Now looking that the error which you shared it looks like it is complaining about the JSON data being in the malformed . 
I always use postman or curl to get the data from the API , to make sure that the configuration is working fine , once I cam sure then i go ahead and try to implement the same in copy activity . 

Thanks
Himanshu 

Hi @CalebCarter9278 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Hi

Unfortunately I haven't found a way forward as of now.

Thanks

Quick Update: We got it working by using the HTTP Connector instead of the REST Connector

CalebCarter9278
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the help but unfortunately this doesn't work for the Akixi API. I have a web activity which executes the report and then a wait activity so the report becomes 'active'. However when I create a copy data activity, in the source step to preview the data I am getting the following error.

CalebCarter9278_0-1707756392859.png

Any further help would be appreicated.

Hi @CalebCarter9278 

Could you please provide some details about the Akixi API Link: Akixi Developer Portal.  

If the API link that you are using here is an open source, could you please share the API link, So that I can repro from my end.

Can you please share me the screenshot of JSON response for the API link. Find the screenshot for reference.

vcboorlamsft_1-1707828295211.png

Thanks.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft 

Thank you for the response.
For the Report Execution And Data Retrieval which I am trying to perform in the copy data activity please refer to here: Report | Akixi Developer Portal
It includes a screenshot example of the JSON output from a report.

There is a playground section to test the API here: Interactive API Playground | Akixi Developer Portal

Many Thanks

v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CalebCarter9278 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the inconvenience that you are facing here.

As I understand that you are trying to use copy data activity to extract some data from an API link to load the data from the reports into the Fabric Data Warehouse. But it seems you are facing an issue.

Please follow the below mentioned steps that might help you.

vcboorlamsft_0-1707723529845.gif

If the issue still persists, please do let us know. Glad to help.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.