Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jacobgolden
Regular Visitor

Dynamic Connection To Sources

In Azure Data Factory you could create dynamic sources (Azure SQL DBs in our case) based on a Lookup or something, using parameters to fill in Server, Database, User, Pass, etc. I can't seem to figure out how you would do that in Fabric Data Factory, as the parameters option is missing for the sources. Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jacobgolden ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

Currently parameterization support for connection is not present in Fabric Data Factory.
But we can expect them in upcoming release. You can refer this link to check what's new planned for Fabric.

Incase if you have any specific requirment, appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel . Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jacobgolden ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got some insights .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

NandanHegde
Super User
Super User

Hey, as stated as of now it is not possible to have dynamic connections in Fabric unlike dynamic values in ADF linked services.

Also, MSFT Fabric datawarehouse is not supported as soucre/sink in ADF

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jacobgolden ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

Currently parameterization support for connection is not present in Fabric Data Factory.
But we can expect them in upcoming release. You can refer this link to check what's new planned for Fabric.

Incase if you have any specific requirment, appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel . Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

Alternatively, there is no way to load a Fabric Data Warehouse from an Azure Data Factory pipeline?  I don't see that as a destination option.

Hi @jacobgolden 

As @NandanHegde  mentioned currently Fabric Datawarehouse/ Lakehouse is not supported as source/sink in ADF. Inorder to load the data in Lakehouse only option is to use Fabric Data Factory.

hey @v-gchenna-msft 
a slight correction to what you have stated.

Lakehouse is supported in ADF but warehouse is not

NandanHegde_0-1704266464768.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.