Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Connecting to SAP HANA with Fabric pipelines not working

When I try to connect to a SAP HANA database via pipelines in Microsoft fabric i got this error message:

Please check your network connectivity to ensure your on-premises data gateway can access cac.frontend.clouddatahub.net and restart the service to retry the connection again once the connectivity issue has been resolved.

jvangrunderbeec_0-1712752756138.png

I use the connection via the Power BI gateway, as it sugested. We already used the same connection to connect in Data flow gen 2's with success.

I already tried to ping cac.frontend.clouddatahub.net on the gateway server and got a valid response.

Has anybody had this issue before?

6 REPLIES 6
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jvangrunderbeec 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this.
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Hi @jvangrunderbeec 

Apologies for the delay in reponse from my end.

Got an update from the internal team, could you please upgrade your on-prem data gateway to the latest version and try to establish the connection.

For on-prem latest version please refer : On-premises data gateway

If the issue still persists, please do let us know we will try to help.

I hope this helps.

I just did some more tests on this....

We have some connections to an on prem sql server and here I got the same error message when I try to use it in a pipeline.. When I use the same connection in a dataflow gen2 it works fine.

Could you elaborate more on what we need to open on the firewall of the gateway server to use the on prem data gateway in pipelines.

Kind regards

Hi @jvangrunderbeec 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please reach out to our support team to gain deeper insights and explore potential solutions. It's highly recommended that you reach out to our support team. Their expertise will be invaluable in suggesting the most appropriate approach.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you.

Hi @jvangrunderbeec 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you've had a chance to submit a support ticket. If you have, a reference to the ticket number would be greatly appreciated. This will allow us to track the progress of your request and ensure you receive the most efficient support possible.

Thanks.

Just installed the latest version of the gateway and it still doesn't work..

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors