Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sri_phani
Helper I
Helper I

Quartile calculation based on filters applied on page

Hello, I have a dataset that has Agents and their Metric scores for which I have to calculate Quartile. Q1 is the top quartile and Q4 is the bottom Quartile. 

Sample : 

Sri_phani_1-1712994382775.png

But when I use the below function, it doesn't give the accurate Quartile. I am assuming it's because it's calculating the Quartile based on entire data set. I have multiple filters like Months, Dates, Department etc. So basically, my table should calculate the Quartile based on agents visible on table by applying all filters applicable on the visual. 

=
VAR AgentScore = [Customer Resolve %]
VAR FilteredData = ALL(Agent_mapping[Agent ID])
RETURN
IF(
          AgentScore <= PERCENTILEX.INC(FilteredData, [Customer Resolve %], 0.25), "Q1",
IF(
          AgentScore <= PERCENTILEX.INC(FilteredData, [Customer Resolve %], 0.50), "Q2",
IF(
           AgentScore <= PERCENTILEX.INC(FilteredData, [Customer Resolve %], 0.75), "Q3", "Q4"
)

)
)

I checked the forum for help, but couldn't find the help I need. Kindly help me with this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sri_phani 
I think there is no issue with the filters, If my understanding about your requirement is right then your formula is incorrect

Quartile = 

VAR FilteredData = ALLSELECTED(data[Agent ID])

return SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    AgentScore >= PERCENTILEX.INC(FilteredData, [Customer Resolve %], 0.75), "Q1", 
    AgentScore >= PERCENTILEX.INC(FilteredData, [Customer Resolve %], 0.25), "Q2", 
    AgentScore >= PERCENTILEX.INC(FilteredData, [Customer Resolve %], 0.25), "Q3", 
    "Q4"
) 

Please find the pbix file:here

If the post helps please give a thumbs up

If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tharun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ThxAlot
Super User
Super User

ThxAlot_0-1713083411731.png

Expertise = List.Accumulate(

{Days as from Today},

{Skills and Knowledge},

(Current, Everyday) => Current & Day.LeanAndPractise(Everyday)

)

tharunkumarRTK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

ALL function will not consider the filters within the visual and also the filters from other visuals. Based on what I understand, you should use ALLSELECTED instead of ALL. If you need any help further then I would request you to share the pbix with sample data and expected output.

If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tharun

Hi @tharunkumarRTK thank you for responding. I already tried ALLSELECTED. But it is not working with multiple slicers. I am attaching the sample PBI file. It only has two slicers. just to let you know, my data has Team leader, Department, Month as slicers. 

What I am trying to create is, the Quartile should be calculated based on the agent scores available on Visuals based on the slicers we select. 

Sample PBIX file

@Sri_phani 
I think there is no issue with the filters, If my understanding about your requirement is right then your formula is incorrect

Quartile = 

VAR FilteredData = ALLSELECTED(data[Agent ID])

return SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    AgentScore >= PERCENTILEX.INC(FilteredData, [Customer Resolve %], 0.75), "Q1", 
    AgentScore >= PERCENTILEX.INC(FilteredData, [Customer Resolve %], 0.25), "Q2", 
    AgentScore >= PERCENTILEX.INC(FilteredData, [Customer Resolve %], 0.25), "Q3", 
    "Q4"
) 

Please find the pbix file:here

Tharun

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors