Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

music43
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hide rows if another DAX measure returns blank

Hi

I have two fact tables (Sales transactions and Product Prices*) which share relationships with multiple dimension tables:

DimProduct (1) to (m) fctSales

DimProduct (1) to (m) fctPricing

DimCustomer (1) to (m) fctSales

DimCustomer (1) to (m) fctPricing

I have 2 DAX measures. 1 calculates the margin based on selling price against cost based on a What-If parameter (only showing results that are less than or equal to the What-If parameter value). The 2nd DAX measure calculates the value sales.

I have created a simple matrix with customer and product on the rows and added both measures.

The margin measure correctly hides values that exceed the What-If parameter but when I add the other sales value measure I get more rows and the 1st measure shows blanks.

How can I hide values/blank values in the 2nd measure when the 1st measure returns a blank?

*over complicated pricing - each product can have 1 to 4 different prices/qty breaks per customer

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @music43 

in the filter pane select the measure and choose "Not Is blank" and applythe filter.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @music43 

in the filter pane select the measure and choose "Not Is blank" and applythe filter.  

Thanks @tamerj1 

That appears to have done what I need. I think I was so focused on a DAX solution, I forgot about the filter options!

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors