Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Angads
Frequent Visitor

Help with dax!

I want if select all is selected in date slicer it should show total sales for all dates, if no date selected it should show last date sales in date column and id any specific date selected it should show sales for that date.
There is no string "select all" in date column. And we can't compare date with string.
these are limitations please give proper result..

Values on selection = IF(ISFILTERED(Sheet1[Date]),CALCULATE([Sum of Values]),IF(NOT ISFILTERED(Sheet1[Date]),CALCULATE([Sum of Values],LASTDATE(Sheet1[Date]))))

with the above formula I am able to achieve  if no date selected it should show last date sales in date column and id any specific date selected it should show sales for that date.

Any help will be great.
13 REPLIES 13
devanshi
Helper V
Helper V

Totalsales = SUM([Sales])

VAR lastdatesvalues = CALCULATE(SUM([Sales]),LASTDATE(Date table))

VAR selected date = IF(ISFITHERED(Date table),

IF(Date table)=BLANK(),lastdates),SUM([Sale]))

RETURN 

Totalsales

Not workin @devanshi 

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Angads 
Please try

Values on selection =
SUMX ( TOPN ( 1, Sheet1, Sheet1[Date] ), Sheet1[Value] )

Its giving me sales for selected date only. I am not getting answer for multiple dates select with above formuale also I want total sales when I select "select all" option in slicer. @tamerj1 

@Angads 
Better to present a sample with the expected results as this new explanation does not match with the first one. If I follow your new explanation literally then just use SUM ( Sheet1[Value] )

I want total sales on card when i select "Select All" option in slicer.
or
if no date selected it should show last date sales in date column and id any specific date selected it should show sales for that dates. @tamerj1 

@Angads 
Please try

Values on selection =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( Sheet1[Date] ),
    SUM ( Sheet1[Value] ),
    SUMX ( TOPN ( 1, Sheet1, Sheet1[Date] ), Sheet1[Value] )
)

Its giving same result as of my formula but not giving Total sales on selecting "select all".

other two conditions are met but not the select all one! @tamerj1 

@Angads 
Are you using a custom visual slicer?

Normal slicer seems to interact normally with the ISFILTERED funtion

1.png

What when Select all is also there in the slicer! That time its not working! @tamerj1 

@Angads 
You are right, "Select All" is different than selecting all items one by one but it behaves exactly the same as nothing is selected. It does not seem to be any way to distinguish between the two scenarios. 

@Greg_Deckler any ideas?

@tamerj1 Unfortunately no. Using the "Select all" feature simply behaves differently than individually selecting all of the items. It's the same as not selecting anything. I do not know of any way to distinguish between the two.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

No, Default slicer ! @tamerj1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors