Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Raph
Helper III
Helper III

European number format

Hello 

I have this measure in a card : 

Text invoice = "Please send your invoice of " & FORMAT([Total royalties], "###,###.00") & " € to royalties@mycompany.com".
This measure displays the following format :  1,465.78 €...  but I am looking for getting the european format : 1.465,78 €

I have already the regional parameters settled on French  (global and active file).

Any idea?

Thank you!
Raphaël
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Raph 
Try below workaround measure and let me know if that works

Text invoice =
VAR USFormatted = FORMAT([Total royalties], "###,###.00")
VAR Step1 = SUBSTITUTE(USFormatted, ",", "|") -- Replace ',' with a temporary character ('|')
VAR Step2 = SUBSTITUTE(Step1, ".", ",") -- Replace '.' with ','
VAR EuroFormatted = SUBSTITUTE(Step2, "|", ".") -- Replace the temporary character ('|') with '.'
RETURN
    "Please send your invoice of " & EuroFormatted & " € to royalties@mycompany.com"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day, amigo! Have I provided the solution? If so, please let me know by adding the lovely, sweet "solution" tag to my post. And hey, if you're feeling very kind, give me a Kudos; after all, who doesn't enjoy a little digital gratitude?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
puneetvijwani
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Raph 
Try below workaround measure and let me know if that works

Text invoice =
VAR USFormatted = FORMAT([Total royalties], "###,###.00")
VAR Step1 = SUBSTITUTE(USFormatted, ",", "|") -- Replace ',' with a temporary character ('|')
VAR Step2 = SUBSTITUTE(Step1, ".", ",") -- Replace '.' with ','
VAR EuroFormatted = SUBSTITUTE(Step2, "|", ".") -- Replace the temporary character ('|') with '.'
RETURN
    "Please send your invoice of " & EuroFormatted & " € to royalties@mycompany.com"

Good day, amigo! Have I provided the solution? If so, please let me know by adding the lovely, sweet "solution" tag to my post. And hey, if you're feeling very kind, give me a Kudos; after all, who doesn't enjoy a little digital gratitude?

Thank you very much, @puneetvijwani  !

It's smart and it works.

Raphaël

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors