Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

afaro
Helper II
Helper II

ALL() or REMOVEFILTERS() not working as expected

I have two slicers category & product. 

Let's say the table looks something like this: 

CustomerCategoryProductRevenue
XC1P110
XC1P230
XC2P350

I want to calculate calculate the remaining revenue based on slicer selection product. 

So for example,for customer X,  if I choose category as C1 and C2 in category slicer and I choose Product as P1 in product slicer then I should get something like this: 

CustomerTotal RevenueRemaining Revenue
X1080

But I get something like this:

X1030

However, if I choose one product each from both categories, then the results are correct, so let's say I choose P1 and P3 in the product slicer, I get this:  

X6030

However, if one product for both categories isn't included then the remaining doesn't work write. 

The measures that I have written so far are which aren't giving me what I want are: 

Total Revenue = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Revenue]))

Remaining Revenue = CALCULATE([Total Revenue], ALL(Table[Product])) 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
xifeng_L
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @afaro ,

Since both categories and products come from the same table, the Auo-Exist mechanism is triggered so that invalid filter combinations are removed.

For example, with C1 and C2 selected for categories and P1 selected for products, the following combinations would normally result:

Category=C1 && Product=P1 ||

Category=C2 && Product=P1

However, due to the Auto-Exist mechanism, the combination category=C2 && product=P1 is removed because product P1 does not belong to category C2.

So, it is required that the fields of both slicers cannot come from the same table, and a dimension table needs to be extracted to be used as the slicer's fields, e.g. you can extract category as the dimension table.

Here are the measure expressions and results:

xifeng_L_0-1715619542657.png

Demo - ALL or REMOVEFILTERS not working as expected.pbix

Did I answer your question? If yes, pls mark my post as a solution and appreciate your Kudos !

Thank you~

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
xifeng_L
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @afaro ,

Since both categories and products come from the same table, the Auo-Exist mechanism is triggered so that invalid filter combinations are removed.

For example, with C1 and C2 selected for categories and P1 selected for products, the following combinations would normally result:

Category=C1 && Product=P1 ||

Category=C2 && Product=P1

However, due to the Auto-Exist mechanism, the combination category=C2 && product=P1 is removed because product P1 does not belong to category C2.

So, it is required that the fields of both slicers cannot come from the same table, and a dimension table needs to be extracted to be used as the slicer's fields, e.g. you can extract category as the dimension table.

Here are the measure expressions and results:

xifeng_L_0-1715619542657.png

Demo - ALL or REMOVEFILTERS not working as expected.pbix

Did I answer your question? If yes, pls mark my post as a solution and appreciate your Kudos !

Thank you~

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.