Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lineage view for dataflow-dataset in different workspaces

If you implement a dataset that uses a dataflow as datasource and they are in differente workspaces, lineage will show all dependecies between them only if you set lineage view from dataset >> dataflow. If you set lineage view from dataflow, it will not show the datasets that denpends on this dataflow if dataset is in different workspace.

My idea is no matter if dataset/dataflow are at the same or at different workspaces, lineage would show all dependencies.

Motivation

If you follow Power BI best practices for Workspace, Dataflow and Dataset you will end up having datasets allocated in different workspace as its dataflow source. In this situation it is important to know which are the datasets that use some specific dataflow as datasource, specially to manage update schedule, access permissions.

Comments
NMOORE
Helper II

100%, I have a published a master report which I then save reports in loads of different workspaces in different states, if it showed the lineage which followed up from the master report it would be greatly beneficial, also to demo to people in the team how the data flow works...